The Key Principles of Vastu Design
Our lives are unfathomably influenced by cosmic energies, earth’s magnetic fields, and energy sources like the sun, wind, moon, water, and more. When we effectively harness these gifts from nature, we can experience wealth, health, success, and happiness. Vastu Shastra is an ancient science that uses directions, architecture, astronomy, and even astrology to harness these elements within our living space. Let’s dive into how you can apply these basics in your home.
Significance of Direction
The four cardinal directions, as well as the intercardinal directions, all signify an aspect of life that is governed by various gods. North is associated with wealth, South is associated with Dharma, while West and East signify prosperity and success.
Basic Principles of Vastu
- If you are purchasing a plot for construction, the rules of Vastu prefer you purchase a plot in the south and west directions. The cut into the plot should have a square or rectangular shape, and any sloping should be in the North or East direction
- Trees have been worshipped by people for centuries. According to Vastu Shastra, constructing a house in close proximity to certain trees is considered very auspicious. Likewise, some trees should be avoided. Such as mango and banana!
- Your interior should consist of wide open spaces that allow easy flow of energy and proper ventilation. High ceilings are recommended in the South and West part of the home. The center of the home is one of the most important areas of the house. This area denotes Brahmasthan and should be free of any sort of obstruction, sch as beams, pillars, staircases, or even walls.
- The entrance of the house should be placed in the North or East direction to bring luck, prosperity, and harmony into the home. It should also be well lit and free of clutter. The entry door should be larger than any of the other doors in the house.
- A living room of the house must be in the east, north, and northeast direction which will enhance the livelihood of the place.
- A bedroom is one of the most important rooms of the house to bring harmony in relationships and boost personal connection. According to Vastu Shastra, a bedroom should be positioned in the south-west, south or west direction of the house.
- The kitchen is a vital room in Vastu Shastra. Food is the source of life and cooking it in the right place boosts the health of the members of the family. It is best to construct the kitchen in a south-west direction
- If you have a study room for yourself or children, the ideal colours for this space are yellow, white or pink. These bring positive vibrations into the room and increase peace and concentration.
These principles of Vastu Shastra have been tried and true to guarantee happiness and prosperity in life. Just by following some of these basic principles, you can recreate your life as per your will. All you need is to follow them and welcome a blissful life.